Okay, I did it. I ate chinese food tonight. However, I chose a healthier dish than I would normally order. I usually get General's or Sesame chicken. Tonight? Chicken with garlic sauce. Yum :) It wasn't deep fat fried, and wasn't coated in some fattening sauce... it was refreshingly delicious! And, since I had so many points left for today... I cheated :) I ate a couple of the crab ragoons! So delicious :)
But you know what, I was proud of myself. I'm not good at trying new things. I like sticking with things that I know I'll like. I have anxiety over having to try something completely new... it makes me nervous! So... it was a REALLY big step for me to try that tonight :) Go me!
Maybe next time I'll get adventurous and try something else ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

One of my resolutions this year is to branch out with food and try new (and healthier things) I'm very picky about food, sometimes refusing to try something just because i think I'm not gong to like it. So I understand what you mean about the anxiety.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I want to wish you good luck on your journey. I saw a comment you posted on a blog about your 30lb weight loss and wanted to stop by and say congratulations! :)
Thank you so much! I'm trying really hard to get this weight off! I wish you luck with your resolutions as well. It's so hard to make adjustments when you've gone your whole life not even thinking about it. Good luck and thank you again for your comment! :)
ReplyDelete