Every day, I wake up, stretch, get myself ready to go, and then I leave my house. I drive to work and walk through the door. Upstairs is my office. Now, generally, I wait and take the elevator up to the second floor (yes, the second floor) so that I'm not out of breath. I look at the stairs and tell myself that it would be a GREAT idea to take them. But, for whatever reason, I can't will myself to do it. I dread the sweating, the increased heart rate, the very heavy breathing... sucking air is more like it... not to mention the light headedness, the pain in my knees, ankles, feet, back, hips, and pelvis.
But today, something was different. I'm not sure if it was the beautiful summer sunrise, the fact that I had actually gotten up early enough to not feel rushed, or that I'd had a great night of sleep. All I knew, was that I was going to walk myself straight up those stairs, regardless of how it made my body feel.
And I did it. I walked up the stairs.
And the first thing that came to me... was pride. I was so proud of myself for accomplishing that feat. It was such an overwhelming feeling, that I vowed I would take those stairs at least 3 times a week. My confidence is soaring, and just as they always say...
It's the little things in life that make all the difference!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment